The Essential Guide to Airsoft Sniping and Airsoft Sniper Rifle
You must have watched movies in which snipers play a significant role. A sniper is the most fascinating role in airsoft. There are a lot of challenges for him but he has the best airsoft rifles to fulfill his role. However, he has to be more tactical and needs to apply significant strategies to defeat his opponents.
Airsoft sniping is one challenging task! Many airsoft beginners dream of playing the role of an airsoft sniper; in this regard, they keep looking up the internet for the best airsoft sniper rifle available. However, the sad truth about the role of the airsoft sniper is that it isn't as fun as it might look like in the numerous video games and movies.
Real life sniping involves having a ballistic advantage over the potential target; not to mention the fact that real snipers can hit their target from nearly 500 meters or more. In addition, the target is often unaware and in no position to fire back due to the fact that the position/location of the real sniper is definitely well-concealed.
Not to mention the fact that the real sniper plans his hiding location/position in advance to the passing of the potential target through that peculiar area.
After reading the list, you will feel well-prepared about your intended airsoft role apart from knowing what exactly to expect from the airsoft game as your role as an airsoft sniper.
What Makes the Role of an Airsoft Sniper Challenging and Tough?
- The airsoft game doesn't allow an airsoft sniper to enter the field before the rest of the players; therefore, it can be difficult to find the perfect sniping spot while all players are rushing into the airsoft battlefield. You will definitely have to rush to the gaming field with the rest of your team; this can be quite a challenge; especially, if you are wearing a "Ghillie".
- Typically, the airsoft field comprises loads of cover with the trees and other stuff; therefore, airsoft sniping can be hard with regards to shooting through all that cover and reaching the target (s). Not to mention the fact that even the slightest cover, such as a tiny twig can cause the airsoft plastic pellet, also known as BBs to get deflected which can cause much frustration. In other words, what might seem like a "clear shooting path" isn't necessarily ‘clear' at all.
- Generally, a typical stock airsoft sniper rifle might lack accuracy; therefore, if you want to make the best of your sniping role, you might have to spend more than $300 on a more accurate and reliable airsoft sniper rifle. Not to mention the fact that you might have to keep upgrading your collection of airsoft sniper rifles as well.
- A solid truth from the world of airsoft sniping is the lack of ballistic advantage. It wouldn't be wrong to state that the maximum ballistic advantage which you can possibly get in this game is that of 60-feet. In addition, the majority of the airsoft fields have certain limitation rules about the FPS (feet per second); your airsoft sniper rifle cannot have the FPS exceeding 500 feet per second. The weight of the BBs isn't supposed to be more than that of 2 grams.
- More frustration can come when the opponents can't tell whether they have been hit by the plastic pellets. Typically, the airsoft skirmishes involve heavy multiple shots which makes the player accustomed to getting "shot" with multiple plastic pellets; probably, from a different direction as well. However, with a shot from the "airsoft sniper rifle" can be at times difficult to tell. The impact might be too low to be convincing that someone has been hit.
- Last but not least, the role of the airsoft sniper requires tons of patience; if you lack patience then this isn't the right kind of airsoft role for you. Imagine sitting tightly at one spot and waiting for the enemy to trespass the marked area; what if they never come that way? This can be quite frustrating, eh? Not so much, if you have the right kind of mind caliber and patient nature. Airsoft sniping can also mean that you need to be ready to miss out significant hours of the airsoft game-play.