All You Need to Know About the Pepper Spray
Posted by Wholesale Blades on 2/10/2020 to
Pepper spray is generally used by law enforcement and improvement agencies across the United States. It is an aerosol spray that helps in controlling and arresting people whose behavior is violent or unlawful.
Nowadays, due to the increase in crime rate, many people carry this spray for self defense. It is an inexpensive defensive tool that is also easy to carry. It is very effective during sudden attacks or emergencies.
So, if you are planning to buy this spray, first take a look at its advantages, disadvantages, uses, and all other available options.
What Is Pepper Spray?
Pepper spray is an aerosol spray containing capsaicin, an inflammatory agent that causes the heat in hot peppers.
Capsaicin is a skin annoyance to humans and animals and causes fierce burning on contact. When capsaicin is mixed with propellant and placed in an aerosol container, it can be sprayed on an attacker in self-defense, allowing you to defend yourself and escape.
This spray is used commercially for self defense, but the police-issue sprays are extremely powerful. They are designed to counter riots.
The spray comes in three forms; it can be released as a mist, fog, or steam. The range of this spray varies from 10 feet up to 30 feet.
Some people think mace as pepper spray. This is because Mace is a brand name that manufactures such kinds of spray products. It is a chemical irritant that is similar to tear gas. But, it does not harm a person to the extent that the spray can.
Pepper Spray VS. Tear Gas:
The basic difference between these two is their chemical formula and delivery techniques. Pepper spray is a combination of natural chemicals. On the other hand, tear gas is made up of manmade chemicals.
They both are non-toxic sprays used for self-defense and controlling the emergency. But, it is to be noted that both are distinctive products each having its unique qualities.
There are 5 different techniques for releasing pepper spray, which are as follows:
1. Stream:This method has the longest range so you can keep a suitable distance from the attacker.
2. Cone Mist:This method releases spray in a circular range quite similar to hair-spray release.
3. Fogger:It's similar to steam but its spray having droplets can stay in the air much longer.
4. Foam:It works like shaving cream and can cover the entire area. It ranges from 8-10 feet.
5. Gel:It is gel-like and can stick to the attacker's face like glue.
Types of Pepper Spray:
Nowadays, there are many spray options available in the market. Usually, they are inexpensive. Each spray has its property of carrying. Some are exposed while others are concealed. Few types are listed below:
Keychain sprays are popular because they can be easily hung with your bag or pocket. It makes them easily accessible.
Lipstick sprays exactly look like a real lipstick. It ranges up to 10 feet. You can keep yourself safe and alert without even drawing attention.
Pepper spray is also available in a bracelet form. It can be worn easily around your wrist. As you can wear it, so this will save time it would take to find it stored in your purse, in case of any emergency.
It looks like an ordinary pen. It provides cautious self-defense and a UV marking dye to help identify the attacker.
If concealment isn't a problem, consider a compact spray canister. This spray is great to hold in your hand when you are going on foot. It ranges up to 10 feet.
Useful Tips for Using A Pepper Spray:
This spray should be used according to proper guidelines to avoid any harm. Given below are some useful tips for using it:
- Use downwind.
- Don't let the suspect or attacker get within arms' reach. Keep them at a distance.
- Once you spray the attacker or animal, turn and run, and don't look back until you are away from the danger. Always take the spray canister with you.
- Make use of the spray in the face area - eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Never spray it close enough that it blows back on you.
- Make sure you know in advance the distance the spray will squeeze.
- If you get the spray in your eyes, try washing your eyes with milk or sour cream. Also, do it if you become a victim of the spray.
Be aware of your ambiance and don't walk anywhere at night by yourself. In case of attack yell like your life depends on it. It just might. But, remember, you have to get in touch with the attacker to get physical. But, if you have this spray, you don't have to be physical to deal with the attacker.
Spray users also think about carrying wasp and hornet spray for self-defense. It spurts within a range of 20 plus feet and will cause a blinding effect. It works on all animals too. The main thing is you want to leave the attacker at a halt long enough to get away.
Effective Self Defense Weapon:
Pepper spray is a handy and effective weapon of self defense. Like any other weapon, it's important to get yourself used to with its safety and understand valid laws.
You never know when you will be in a position that you need to have that little bit of defense to ensure your safety from any bad guy or girl. This way it is a useful self defense weapon.
When a person comes into contact with this spray, their eyes will shut down immediately.
They will feel a "bubbling" or "boiling" sensation, followed by short-term blindness and eye pain. This sensation lasts from 30 to 45 minutes, depending on how strong the spray solution is.
Don’t miss out on the real brass knuckles available at the cheapest prices!
Following symptoms can also occur due to this spray:
- Burning in the throat
- Dry cough
- Shortness of breath
- The inability to breathe or speak
It can cause cyanosis in some cases. In cyanosis, skin becomes bluish which indicates a lack of blood flow and oxygen. Apnea and respiratory seize may also occur.
A study reveals that the people who breathe in this spray could experience acute hypertension or a sudden increase in blood pressure. This increases the risk of stroke or heart attack.
Medical technicians carry wipes and solutions that can treat the symptoms of a pepper spray.
People who come into contact with this spray should take the following steps to ease the burning symptoms:
- People who have it on their skin are recommended not to touch the affected area as the spray is oil-based. Touching the spray can easily spread it to other areas of the body.
- If the spray enters the eyes, rapidly start blinking as it might help to flush it out.
- Wash the affected with hand soap, shampoo, or dish soap. It will help in breaking up the oil. After that, the area should be rinsed with water. Wash the eye area with baby shampoos as they are mild to the skin.
- People who have been sprayed may automatically want to drench themselves in water. This can provide immediate but short-lived relief. Oil does not mix with water on a molecular level. Thus, washing the skin with water alone will not eradicate the solution.
Pepper spray is an effective prevention that can be dangerous when used in excess. People have died from spray complications, and its use remains contentious. However, it also helps you become more prepared and aware of how to survive during any emergency.
So, what are you waiting for? Start exploring our wide collection of pepper spray and grab your desired one! To look for some other self defense weapons, you can browse the self defense section.
1/2 Ounce 18% OC Hard Case Pepper Spray Keychain w/ Belt Clip Lilac
Guard Dog Instafire Xtreme Self-Defense Pepper Spray for Running and Jogging with Knuckle Defense, Fits in Hand, Sweatproof, Pink
Out of Stock
Bling It On Key Ring Self Defense Pepper Spray Black Jeweled Cary Case
Out of Stock
Fuchsia Hard Case Personal Defense Pepper Spray Keychain With Belt Clip. Firing range up to 12 feet.
Out of Stock