This kit is A Must Have for all serious sword collectors. Why do you need to buy this cleanning kit? All metal parts of your sword should always be covered with a light coating of oil to prevent rust. Your sword comes with either a light plastic spray or a heavy coating of grease to protect the blade in transport across the ocean.
Instructions for cleanning your sword: Step 1:
Use a sheet of harai gami or erufu to remove oil and debris from the blade. Please hold the sharp edge away from you while you are working on the blade. Step 2:
Tap the uchiko lightly against the blade. Continue tapping all the way to the tip of the blade. Step 3:
After powdering the blade, use a clean harai gami or erufu to polish the blade in a circular motion. Repeat until the powder is dissolves. Step 4:
Repeat Steps 1 to 3 for the other side of the blade. Step 5:
Apply a few drops of oil along each side of the blade and use a piece of harai gami or erufu to spread the oil evenly over the blade. DO NOT TOUCH THE BLADE BEFORE RESHEATHING. Specifications:
- Dimension : 7.25 X 3 X 2.75 Inches
- Mini Hammer : To remove the nail from the handle of the sword.
- Blade Oil : Protect the sword from humidity and rusting.
- Uchiko: (Powder Ball) To remove oil from the blade.
- Harai Gami: (Rice Paper) To clean off the powder or oil.
- Erufu: (Cotton Cloth) Can be used as Harai Gami . It's washable.
- Comes Packaged in a Wooden Box.