7 Cool Tricks to Perform with Nunchaku
Posted by Wholesale Blades on 8/3/2023 to Ninja Weapons
Nunchaku is one of the most popular weapons in martial arts and is made up of two sticks connected by a short chain or rope. One stick is held with both hands while the other is used as a striking weapon. The purpose of this weapon is to "beat" or strike an opponent (usually in the head) with the end of one stick while simultaneously blocking with the other end. This allows someone to use it as an offensive or defensive weapon in hand-to-hand combat situations.
It can be made from many different materials such as wood, steel, marble, and plastic. They were initially made as farm tools for threshing rice and later used in agricultural ceremonies. In the 17th century, they were adapted from agricultural tools to military weapons. During World War II, the Imperial Japanese Army used them as a standard issue weapon. They were cheap and easy to make since they could be crafted out of scrap metal from around the army base.
Design and Features of Nunchaku
Nunchaku is an Okinawan martial arts weapon that has been used for both attack and self-defense. The nunchaku is a small hardwood stick with a short, curved handle and two heavy wooden, flexible lengths of wood (or metal) attached to the ends. Each of the sticks, or "ua" in Okinawan language, can be swung like a flail to inflict damage on an attacker. Primarily made of hardwood, today it is sometimes constructed out of synthetic materials like fiberglass or resin.
They are about 30-40 cm long (1-1.4 feet) and weigh about 500 g (1 lb), with the heavy portions of the nunchuck being a couple of inches long. It is swung primarily to attack other targets such as joints, muscles, or the head. When striking with it, there are three main methods that can be used: horizontal slashing motion, vertical swinging motion towards an opponent's face, or a vertical downwards strike for attacking an attacker's legs and ankles.
It is also known in other martial arts by various names including "nunchucks". They are best known as an aspect of modern martial arts but they have had many uses historically and were used in ancient China for both civil and military purposes.
How to Use a Nunchaku?
A nunchaku is a weapon made up of two pieces of wood or iron, connected to each other by a cord. They were mainly used as weapons by the people from Okinawa, Japan. How to use one? This can be held in a variety of ways.
Some hold it with one hand near the center and the other outstretched towards the ends. Others hold it with both hands with one holding near the center and the other at each end near their shoulder joints, elbows bent at 90 degrees and hands pointing down towards their hips. How to use Nunchuck well: Firstly, you need to learn how to hold it properly.
Place your left hand at the center of the stick (thumb and index finger touching each other) and your right hand at one end. The first move which is widely used in a fight is "deflecting". If someone strikes you with a force, you can move so that the force turns in your direction instead of theirs. For example, if someone strikes at your left side, deflect the force with both hands by striking his hands first and then deflecting his arm towards the opposite direction. It's quite easy!
Another move is "pushing". Pushing is to push your opponent away from you, similar to using the "deflecting" move. You can also use the "pushing" move after deflecting someone's force. You hold your nunchaku with both hands, one hand at one end of the stick and the other near the center. Then you push his force away from you and then proceed to attack him with a kick.
If you want to disarm your opponent, there are two ways of doing so: One is "catching". You beat his weapon with yours and quickly catch his weapon by hooking it with the end of your stick and pulling it forward or away from him altogether, disarming him completely. Another way is known as "locking".
Cool Nunchaku Tricks
Nunchaku is the name given to a Japanese weapon consisting of two sticks, usually made of wood or metal. In martial arts and some popular culture, this type of weapon is used as a tool for fighting. It is also sometimes referred to as nunchucks.
The traditional one has one stick connected by a short chain, while the other stick can be separated from the chain by using one hand, or they could be connected with a longer chain for use in different styles that don’t require much separation at all. This article will discuss 7 popular tricks you can perform with your nunchaku so you don’t have to do them dry (or without calories). Here are these top 7 tricks in detail:
1. The Nunchuck SpinBecause most nunchucks are connected by a short chain, they can be used to do many different tricks. One of the simplest tricks you can do with a nunchaku is to spin it around your hand while holding it in place with the other hand. This is an easy trick to perform and not many people go wrong at it.
2. Hit Stick-and-PokeIn this trick you will use one stick and hit a smaller object such as your partner’s hand or body with it, then immediately poke them with the same stick you just hit them with. The trick is hitting your partner and then poking them with the stick right after hitting.
3. The Wall of DeathThis trick is one of the most impressive ones you can do with your nunchaku. It will require a long chain to do it, and you will have to spin it around your body while walking around in a circle so the nunchaku is spinning like a wall of death.
4. The Japanese TourThe Japanese tour is one of those tricks you will need to know how to do if you want to build up an impressive routine for when your friends or audience want to see what you can really do with a nunchaku, rather than just swinging it around in an irregular fashion.
5. The Double Nunchuck SpinMany nunchucks are made with two sticks connected by a chain. A double nunchuck spin is similar to the nunchuck spin, just that instead of using one hand and one stick, you will use two hands and two sticks. This trick is more difficult than the single stick nunchuck spin, but it looks very impressive when you do it right.
6. The Double Nunchuck SpinThe double nunchuck spin is a bit easier than the double nunchucks spin (because probably most people never tried to do it with one hand and one handle). In this trick, you will spin two nunchucks around you using two hands. This can be done with the sticks separated from each other or with the chain connected.
7. The KazooThe Kazoo is a popular song from an old folk song called The Farmer in the Dell. This tradition has spread to different martial arts, and many people have started to sing it while doing things like making pancakes, walking, or fighting (because being able to do something else while fighting makes people think you are really good).
Safety Measures to Follow!
When I first started Karate, the first thing they taught me was how to use nunchaku. It's a traditional weapon that is extremely versatile, and with the right knowledge and safety measures can be used for anything from weapon training to self defense weapons. But before taking a swing at someone with one of these things, there are some important points that you must always keep in mind while wielding this tool. Keep reading to find out more!
- First off: don't let anyone ever wield your nunchuck indiscriminately. If there is no legitimate reason for them to do so themselves, then they don't deserve it either.
- Second: make sure that you have control over your nunchaku. Whether it's because of a bad grip, or simply because you're not used to using it, if the nunchaku slips out of your hand, the results are usually unpleasantly painful.
- Third: whatever you do, don't let anyone ever use it against you! Want an example? A 12-year-old girl with a nunchuck could've easily stopped him and probably saved herself from what she says was a "near-death experience.
These 12" foam nunchucks with ball bearing chain are sturdy nunchakus to have. Featuring two blue foam padded handles with dragon graphic, these foam nunchucks are perfect for martial arts training and fighting.
12" Round Wood Nunchaku. Round lacquered wood construction
Out of Stock